How does acupuncture and traditional herbal formulas improve fertility?
1. Acupuncture and Chinese herbal formulas help to improve ovarian function by increasing blood flow to that region of the body. This may allow for the development of better quality eggs and strong, healthy embryos.
2. Acupuncture increases blood blow to the uterus. Studies have shown that increased blood flow to the uterus can help to promote follicular development and encourage implantation of the embryo.
3. Acupuncture and Chinese herbal formulas can help support the ovaries to respond more efficiently to the hyper-stimulating drugs thereby allowing for the production of more follicles.
4. Acupuncture and Chinese herbal formulas can regulate estrogen and progesterone levels which can augment the lining of the uterus for proper implantation.
5. Acupuncture strengthens the immune system. Since nearly half of chemical pregnancies miscarry, one to the treatment goals is to boost the patient's immune system using acupuncture and herbs.
6.There are understandably higher physical and emotional stress associated with trying to get pregnant. Acupuncture and herbs are very effective in reducing stress and alleviating the side-effects of the hyper-stimulating medications, which help the patient to be calm and relaxed.
7. Acupuncture treats the root cause of female and male infertility adn many other gynecological conditions that contribute to infertility such as irregular menses, endometriosis, blocked fallopian tubes and PCOS.
8. Acupuncture for fertility and complimenting IVF is a safe, effective, and drug-free choice that has been PROVEN in various medical studies to increase conception. According to a recent study published in the British Medical Journal in 2008, acupuncture for infertility is thought to augment fertility in three ways: