Chinese Medicine and Headaches
Conventional treatment focuses on relieving the headache each time they happen. Little is done to fix the problem causing your headaches in the first place. Conventional belief is that headaches can't be resolved, but that's definitely not the view of Chinese Medicine.
Chinese Medicine sees your headache as a lack of internal stability. Oriental medicine uses several natural headache relief techniques that restore your body's selfhealing mechanisms. These include acupressure (or acupuncture), diet, herbs,
special massage methods and lifestyle modifications.
Since there are various types of headaches, these are only some general
Food Therapy and Headaches
Eat a diet composed primarily of:
• A large variety of cooked vegetables (fresh, lightly cooked, big variety)
• Whole grains (brown rice, buckwheat and millet are all good)
• Animal protein (small amounts, more like a condiment than a main course)
• Water (room temperature)
•To get a good effect, stay away from everything else until you recover (especially dairy, sweets, cold foods, fruit juices and oilygreasy foods.)
•Specific foods that are good for migraines: rye broth, rye porridge or congee,
omega3, Dragonwell green tea, walnuts
• Don't overeat any one food
• Moderate spices for flavoring
• Let your stomach empty before eating again
• Don't overeat or eat just before bed
• Don't skip meals
• Drink only about a teacup of warm water/green tea with meals
Hope these general recommendations help, if you need further detailed information regarding your specific situation, give us a call at 850-766-5678 or email Dr. Craig at firstname.lastname@example.org
Take care and be well!